I first heard this years ago from Sr. Celine, O.S.B. who allowed me to borrow her elf books. It was from those little books where I learned more about the child in us that needs to be understood, cared for, and be healed. Some years later, while studying at CeFAM, I met Sr. Geraldine, a Singaporean sister who became my partner in one of our counselling classes. She helped me see and accept my childhood issues which I realized were hampering my development as a person. It was an arduous task as I tread on the longest journey within.
Today, while reading retold stories of Lise Lunge-Larsen on Trolls, I came across her 15 basic lessons which affirmed what I thought I already knew, but needs to be reminded lest I forget. Now, I am sharing this with you hoping that this may shed light to some dark path as you take your own journey within.
- Remember who you are.
- Be true to your own nature.
- Follow your dreams.
- Every action has consequences, so be attentive, be kind, and always do what is right.
- Your life is a journey; nobody else can do that journey for you.
- Your journey will unfold according to a pattern. The pattern is a guide.
- Use your gifts.
- Help will be offered when you most need it and least expect it.
- Despite the odds, good will triumph over evil, love over hatred.
- Don't ever give up.
- Be careful in what you wish for.
- Things are not always as they appear.
- Everything you need can be found inside yourself; it is always there.
- Miracles happen.
- There is magic in the world.
Labels: mostly pictures from baguio